Are you an enterprising person, do you work as a freelance or are you studying at a distance ? Thanks to new technologies, the world of work has changed a lot, and more and more people work or study from their own homes instead of renting an office or going to a study room .
But even if it’s good to spend the day in your pajamas, studying or working from home requires organization and discipline . Think there will be a lot of distractions that you would not normally have in an office. It will be inevitable that you have to take on domestic or family tasks that, in another case, you would attend outside of working hours: that if the technician of the washing machine comes, that if you go down for a little while for the bread, the telephone rings and you get up april to the commercial postmen …
So, what are the advantages of working or studying at home?
– It is the cheapest option for an entrepreneur to start working without the pressure of a monthly rent. If you have just started a new project and still do not plan to have an office of your own, working from home is a good way to minimize expenses.
– You will have the freedom to adapt your work time to your personal circumstances . Not all work days have to be 8 hours in a row. If you find it more comfortable to start later or make a break in the middle of the day to, for example, go to the gym or pick up the txikis from school you can do it. It’s just a matter of organizing .
– You will save a lot of time and money on your trips because you will not have to move to go to the office.
– If you are preparing an opposition or doing an online course you can organize your way and you will have all the material at your fingertips . It is over with a backpack full of notes to realize that you have forgotten the book that I most needed you.
Tips to organize yourself better
As we have already told you before, not all are advantages in terms of working from home. In addition to the many distractions that you will have to face in your day to day, many experts say that this way of working can increase the feeling of loneliness and subject you to some isolation . To avoid these problems, we recommend that you follow these simple tips:
– Find an area of your house that you can reserve to do your work , and try to use it only for that.
– Set yourself a schedule that forces you to comply with a work routine , that does not exceed 8 hours a day, and that is compatible with the activity of the rest of people who live with you to avoid discomfort.
– Take a break every hour or hour and a half to take a break.
– Leave “your office” when you finish your workday and take care of your social life: think that most of the time you will develop your activity alone and that is why it is important that you have relationships with other people outside of your work space.
Do you dare with teleworking? If so, make sure you start with a good communications package , ultra-fast internet connection, flat phone rate … Remember that at Euskaltel we offer you the best proposals for freelancers and companies . Check out ?